Here are a few links to different websites for you to access at home with your children. To help them to continue learning while they can not access nursery.
We will try and update this page weekly and add new resources.
- Phonics play is a website with lots of interactive phonics activities that are free for children to do, there are also some free printable activities.
- Jolly Phonics is a great resource there is a fantastic app we use at nursery with the children. You can download this on most phones and tablets (there may be a charge to access all of the app). You can get most of the songs on Youtube.
- Alphablocks is another great way to learn phonics. They have a few apps on the market some are free and some you’ll need to pay for. They have a Youtube channel here as well.
- Numberblocks this is made by the same people as Alphablocks, again they have some apps, some are free and some you’ll need to pay for. They have a Youtube channel here as well.
- We have been doing some activities recently that are on Youtube with Jack Hartmann. I will link some of the videos we have been doing recently and we will add more as the weeks go on.
- We have been doing some Cosmic Kids Yoga. Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specially for kids aged 3+, used in schools and homes all over the world. I will link some of the videos we have been doing recently and we will add more as the weeks go on.
- Twinkl is a fantastic website full of resources. We use twinkl at nursery to help our learning. The fantastic people at twinkl have done an offer for a free account for a month for parents and carers to access while the schools and nurseries are closed. Here is a link and instructions on how to create your free account. Here is a link to their Parent’s HUB and also EYFS for Parent’s area. Here is a list of activities that would be useful to do with your children.
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Number recognition
- Letter formation
Update 30th March 2020
- Some of the school children and been doing PE with Joe Wicks Live during the week and some of the younger children have been joining in. I have also found Andy’s Wild Workouts for younger children.
- Twinkl had made a pack of resources for nursery children here, you can download and print activities off.
Update 6th April 2020
- We have put together an album of photos of ideas you can do at home or while out on a walk here is the link and we will add more as time goes on. You may have seen some of these on facebook.
- We are going to add a different science activity you can do at home here for you to do with your children at home. There is also a link to Scientots who normally come to us weekly have been putting videos of experiment you can do at home which you can see here.
- Reading Eggs makes learning to read interesting and engaging for kids, with great online reading games and activities. Reading eggs are doing a free month trial here.